Review: Revlon ColorStay Eye Liner - Teal


Hi Everyone!
Today I wanted to review the Revlon ColorStay Eye Liner, specifically the color Teal.

I actually really enjoy using colored eyeliners, especially ones that can also be used as eyeshadows. However, this one is just a regular pencil eyeliner, however, it does provide a smudger so I wonder if I could try to smudge it upwards to try to use it as an eyeliner.... I'll look into it.

Anyways, as I was saying, I actually really enjoy using color eyeliners, not just black. Sometimes I like to use the color eyeliner on TOP of my usual black liner, kind of just a fun way to change up my eye make-up every once in a while.

My sister was walking through CVS and saw this eyeliner and ask me if I was interested in trying it out. I of course said yes, I had only ever tried out 1 blue eyeliner and it was from Urban Decay.

Revlon advertises this eyeliner as: "America's #1 longwear eye liner glides on effortlessly for drama and definition. No matter what your day holds, the waterproof formula will keep you covered."

For the longwear, it's suppose to be able to hold up for 16 hours, we will try to put this to the test.

I really like that this is a TWISTING up kind of eyeliner, so that I do NOT need to sharpen a pencil per-say, because they do provide a sharpener at the end (it's part of the smudger), which is to use to sharpen the eyeliner part. There is NO actual wooden pencil at all, which I like a LOT. It's a lot more convenient and less messy.

From the picture above, you can see the built-in smudger and pull-out sharpener that is provided.

     

The color is rich and intense. It's a really bright TEAL color. It glides onto the eyelid really well, super easy, no heavy pulling.
As you can see from the close-up of the eyeliner, the Teal is kind of shiny/satin-y/gloss-y. It has a slight shimmer to it when it is applied, but not anything really noticeable.

This is the built-it smudger.

Here is how I look in natural lighting when I just applied this eyeliner on. I applied it pretty late in the day, around 6pm, so I will not be getting a 16 hour wear on it, but I still plan to wear it for a good 5 hours.
      
 
   


 Close-ups of my eyes. You can see the slight satin-look that the eyeliner has. Also, the teal is a lot more vibrant and brighter than I was expecting.

Here is how I looked after 4 hours.



   
 After 4 hours, this eyeliner definitely smudges onto your eyelids. Therefore, I do NOT believe this eyeliner could last for 16 hours, it's probably as not longwear as it say it is. It comes off when your eyelids get oily or just as the day goes on. The vibrancy of the Teal color didn't go away which is good. There wasn't any smudging on my under eyelids.

Here is how I look at the end of the day right before I am going to wash it off.


 Overall, this eyeliner wasn't terrible. I wished there were more color choices. I actually wish the teal wasn't so vibrant, maybe alittle more muted??? It's alittle bright for my liking, however, I would still use it. I think it would like using it on top of my usual black eyeliner, giving it a little bit of extra kick. 
Like I said, I wish there were more colors, on the Revlon website, you can see that there are only a total of 8 colors, and no offense to them or anything, but the colors don't look that great. I want them to have more variety.
I really do like that I do not actually have to sharpen any kind of pencil, I just need to twist the eyeliner up and the more product comes out. I also really like that it comes with a built-in sharpener and a smudger.
It was relatively cheap in price, so I don't feel like I was being ripped off which is always a good thing.

Rate (out of 5 stars):⭐⭐⭐⭐
I would recommend this eyeliner, I really like that it glides on really easily and is a really pigmented color. It is always fun to play with new colors and I really like the concept of this eyeliner, just  not crazy about the smudging onto my eyelids.


Product Mentioned:
Revlon ColorStay Eye Liner - Teal
     Amazon: https://amzn.to/2JH0fel
     Revlon: https://bit.ly/2uKS4Jp
     Ulta: https://bit.ly/2LpgLUZ
     Target: https://bit.ly/2uPXHoP











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Dear, Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop

Review: COSRX Centella Blemish Cream

Review: COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner