Review: Botanic Farm Rice Ferment First Essence


     I received this essence as a Christmas/Birthday gift from my sister. It had been on my list of skincare products that I had wanted to try and it has become one of my favorite essences that I have ever used! She bought it for me from Amazon, however, I just checked on their website and it is currently unavailable. Don't fret! You can still buy it straight from Botanic Farm website OR Sokoglam. Sokoglam has literally just curated this essence onto their website, so you can also buy it from there.

What is an essence? 
     Essences are used to refresh your complexion, hydrating your skin while aiding in repair and cell turnover. Usually an essence is a concentrated formula that specifically targets wrinkles, fine lines, and dull and uneven skin tones.
    This essence from Botanic Farm is super lightweight and is formulated with 83.95% Fermented Rice Water and naturally derived Botanical Extracts, infusing the skin with brightening and antioxidant properties. 
    This lightweight essence gets absorbed into the skin immediately and mildly exfoliates it with lactic acid. There is peony extract within the essence which helps improve circulation. There is also licorice root extract in this essence which is another ingredient that helps to brighten the skin tone.
     This essence is great for ALL skin types, especially anyone who wants to transform their skin to become more radiant.
~~side note: can I just say that I LOVE the packaging of this essence?! Look at how beautiful the bottle is! 😍
          P.S. - it's not made out of plastic. YAY! 

10 Services this essence does:
  1. Brightens complexion
  2. Fights wrinkles
  3. Boosts elasticity
  4. Absorbs into the skin quickly
  5. Improves skin tone
  6. Smooths out texture
  7. Hydrates skin
  8. Softens skin
  9. Nourishes skin
  10. Protects skin
Abilities: Brightening, Anti-Aging, Anti-Inflammatory, Reduces Redness, Soothing, Antioxidant, Hydrating, Healing, Moisturizing, Exfoliating, and Oil Control.

Size: 150 mL/5 oz.


Free from: SLS, formaldehyde, tea, triclosan, phthalates, propylene glycol, mineral oil, sulfates, dye, talc, alcohol, coal tar, formaldehyde-releasers, mit, parabens, peg, silicones.

Beneficial Ingredients: Niacinamide, Licorice Root Extract, Aloe, Hyaluronic Acid, Adenosine, Lactic Acid.

Ingredients:
Lactobacillus/Rice Ferment, Propanediol, Niacinamide, Methylpropanediol, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Polyquaternium-51,Glycerin, Betaine, Dioscorea Japonica Root Extract, Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root/Rtem Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Phellinus Linteus Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Pueraria Thunbergiana Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Paeoinia Lactiflora Root Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Extract, Soluble Collagen, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf juice, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Diethoxyethyl Succinate, PEG/PPG – 17/6 Copolymer, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Water, Sodium Citrate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycosyl Trehalose, Citric Acid, Adenosine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Raffinose, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lecithin, Dexrin, Acetic Acid, Lactic Acid, Xantham Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate

How to use: 
Apply after cleansing and toning your skin. Pour desired amount onto a cotton pad or onto your palm and gently sweep over your face and neck. 

     How I use:
          I always use an essence morning and night after I have finished cleansing and toning my face. For this essence, skin it is so water-y, I usually switch off between pour it onto a cotton pad or pouring it into the palm of my hand. Whichever way I do, I always finish off by lightly patting the essence into my skin, this way you can reduction the production of wrinkles and have better absorption of the essence. I always put essence not only on my face, but also on my NECK.


As you can see from the picture above, this essence is extremely water-y in texture. 


There isn't any color or dye in this essence.

Fragrance: I do admit there is a slight smell to this essence, however, I actually REALLY like it. It's a very light fragrance that goes away once the essence has absorbed into your skin. It's hard for me to describe the smell, it's kind of perfume-y but not in a heavy sort of way... I not sure if I'm making any sense.


I have 2 before/after shots of my using this essence. It's kind of hard to see, but if your look at my eye area, in the before it's really wrinkled and in the after the wrinkles aren't as prominent. I believe it's because of the moisturizing and hydrating properties of this essence. I'm not 100% sure if the anti-aging claims from this essence is true. I did notice that my wrinkles aren't as noticeable, however, this could be due to the other skincare products that I use during my skincare routine.
I do feel like my skin is more brightened and evened out. My skin used to be very dull looking, but now I feel like it's more bright and radiant looking.
I'm do think that this essence does help with reducing the redness in my skin. If you look at the before and after pictures, concentrating on my cheeks, I feel like the redness is noticeable less.

Overall, I really like this essence and I would definitely repurchase it. I notice a difference in my skin when I use it and I love that it can be used for all skin types. I love the packaging and I am so happy that it gives such a large amount of essence in each bottle.

Rate (out of 5 stars): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I would recommend this essence for everyone! It is an amazing essence and totally worth the buy.



Product Mentioned:
     Botanic Farm Rice Ferment First Essence:
          botanicfarm.us: http://bit.ly/2tR7mxS
          Sokoglam:         http://bit.ly/2pgoYyM
          Amazon:           https://amzn.to/2G8LAub   



FTC: This is NOT a sponored post. I was given this essence as a present. This review is my own honest opinion. Some links are affiliate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Dear, Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop

Review: COSRX Centella Blemish Cream

Review: COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner