Review: Cosmetea Moisture Tea Jelly Foam Cleanser


Hi Everyone!

Today, I will be reviewing an interesting textured cleanser. I found this cleanser one day when I was browsing around at Marshall's. I love going to Marshall's and TJMaxx and looking at the skincare area. There are SOOOOOOOOO many hidden treasures there and the prices are discounted!

When I saw this cleanser, I was interested because it had Black Tea and Hibiscus in it. I looked it up online before buying, and everything I saw online said it was a great cleanser, so I decided to buy it and give it a shot.

This is a deep moisturizing cleanser with moist rich jelly foam that contains Black Tea Powder to remove old skin cells softly. The Black Tea Extract and Hibiscus Extract keep the skin soft and moist all day. The rich lather helps remove makeup and gives you sleek skin.

Made up of a 3 Blending System
1. Tea Water - Black Tea for moisturizing and skin softening
2. Botanic Extract - Hibiscus for antioxidant and skin vitality
3. Botanic Oil - Cottonseed Oil for deep moisturizing.

Targeted for people who have concerns of: Dryness/Hydration, Irritation/Calming

Suppose to be great for all skin types.

I'm sorry I don't have much information for you guys about this cleanser. There really isn't much info out there and everything on the packaging is in Korean which I can't read.

Here's a closeup of the cleanser. You can see it's a brown-orange color that has a really thick, hardish gel-jelly texture. Riddles throughout the cleanser are small pieces of Black Tea Leaves.


Type of Cleanser: Cleansing Foam

Size: 120 mL / 4 oz.

Color: It's a clear brown-orangey color with Black Tea leaves riddled throughout. Sort of like what black tea looks like when you have a tea bag in water.

Texture: It's a really thick, hard gel-jelly texture. It's like one big chunk of hard-ish jelly when you squeeze it out, slightly hard to work with.

Foam: Really doesn't create much of a foam when combined with water and massaged around.

Fragrance: Has a strong scent that reminds me of fresh tea, mint, and something else that I can't quite put my finger on. Sort of has an undertone of mint toothpaste, but not exactly like it. There are no floral smells that are suppose to be from the hibiscus.

Star Ingredients: Black Tea Extract and Hibiscus Extract

Full Ingredients List: I couldn't find one only, but I did post a pictures of the back of the bottle which has the ingredients in Korean.

How To Use:
  1. Foam a desired amount of cleanser by rubbing in wet hands.
  2. Massage onto face and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
How I Use It:
I used this as my morning face cleanser. I would wet my skin and then squeeze the cleanser out onto my hands, then I would massage the cleanser in my hands and once it's sort of foamy, I massaged the cleanser all over my face. Once I feel like my face is clean enough, I rinsed the cleanser off my face with warm water.
I also tried using the cleanser as a makeup remover. I wet my skin and repeated the steps I did above, expect I would do it multiple times if any of the makeup wasn't removed.

Below are pictures of me using the cleanser as a makeup remover
Sorry, I don't have any pictures of me testing the cleanser out on my face. I forgot to take pictures.

Here's a looks at the BEFORE of how the makeup looked before I used the cleanser, along with a shot with the cleanser on my hand.
Again, here's a closeup of the cleanser on my hand. (This is the same picture from above.)
I've wet my hand and massaged the cleanser around. It was actually a little hard to take that lump of cleanser and change it to look like this. You can see both pencil and liquid eyeliner visibly and the mascara is also lightly there.
The liquid eyeliner was essentially almost all removed, I think if I and rubbed harder it would've been completely removed. The pencil eyeliner basically didn't change in appearance. The mascara is only faintly still present while the eyeshadow has been completely washed off.


Overall, I hated this cleanser.

It was super drying and made my skin feel squeaky clean, tight, and dry. It's suppose to be moisturizing and it literally did the exact opposite! I ended up giving it to one of my sister's who does have Dry Skin (since I have Oily Skin) for her to try out. You know what she said?! THIS CLEANSER IS TOO DRYING AND SKIN IRRITATING!!!!

I'm baffled that this cleanser is suppose to be and advertised as a "moisturizing" cleanser and it truly isn't. If someone who has Dry skin can't handle this cleanser, then they should definitely consider renaming this cleanser as "Dry out your skin cleanser." Although, I will say that I never experienced any skin irritation from using this cleanser like my sister did.

I think the smell of the cleanser is fine. It's really minty with a mint of tea. It's strong, and I'm sure there are gonna be people who don't like it. I'm relatively indifferent to the smell.

As a cleansing foam, it really doesn't do a good job at the foam part. There wasn't much of any foam being produced when I used it as a makeup remover or a face cleanser.

While my skin did feel clean for using this cleanser, I hated the after effects which is not something I'm willing to accept from it. Also, I'm about 80% sure this cleanser was causing me to breakout. I wish I had remember to take pictures of the effects of this cleanser on my face!!!! I definitely experienced more pimples on my forehead and could feel new ones growing on my cheeks and chin from using this cleanser.

As a makeup remover, this cleanser also under-performed.
It easily removed the eyeshadow, but I also feel like almost anything could remove eyeshadow since it's not waterproof. The mascara I had only mainly only came off because of the water, but it's still faintly present. The pencil eyeliners didn't even budge and was very much still present after using the cleanser. The liquid eyeliner is still lightly present and I'm sure if I had rubbed harder, it would've been washed off, but I don't usually wash off my eye makeup like that, so I didn't want to do that for this trial.


Rate (out of 5 stars): ⭐
I hate this cleanser. It dried me out so badly and my skin had that horrible squeaky clean feel that made my skin feel so tight. Even worse, it was causing my skin to breakout. It's not good at removing makeup either, so in the end, it's not a cleanser I would recommend and it's not worth the buy.


Product Mentioned:
Cosmetea Moisture Tea Jelly Foam Cleanser
     Yesstyle: https://shrsl.com/2dotn
     Cosmetea: https://bit.ly/3iX0Rz5



FTC: Not sponsored. I bought this product with my own money and this is my own honest review. Yesstyle link is affiliate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Dear, Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop

Review: COSRX Centella Blemish Cream

Review: COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner