Review: Dear, Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream



Hi Everyone!

Today, I will be talking about a popular face cream by an even more popular Korean skincare brand, Dear, Klairs.

I'm a huge fan of Dear, Klairs products and for the most part, my experiences have been great.

My previous Dear, Klairs skincare are:
According to Dear, Klairs:
A gentle spot treatment cream that provides comfort to rapidly calm & soothe sensitivity. Powered by nature, its star ingredients are Guaiazulene, a natural component extract from chamomile oil, which carries powerful skin calming abilities, and Centella Asiatica, which helps hydrate and relieve redness.

Star Ingredients:
  • Guaiazulene: A herbal ingredient that's becoming really popular in the K-Beauty skincare word. It's extracted from chamomile that's effective in calming inflammation of damaged skin tissue as well as regenerating new skin cells.
    • In Japanese clinical trials, Guaiazulene demonstrated positive effects in sunburns, eczema, and ulcerative skin disease. It's often used as the main raw ingredient in burn ointments.
  • Centella Asiatica Extract: A typical popular acne-fighting ingredient. As a plant native to Madagascar, it's also known as "tiger grass" and is often used in cosmetics. It helps with the regeneration of new skin cells and prevents scarring. 
Recommended For:
Those with oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin to soothe redness and calm sensitivity from sun exposure.
Those in need of a spot treatment for irritated skin.

🐇Vegan-Friendly and Cruelty-Free🐇

Here's a closeup of the tub of cream as well as the cream itself. The tub is dark brown and made of glass. The cream is more like a creamy, gel-like consistency that's really lightweight. It had a beautiful faded light blue color which comes naturally from the Guaiazulene.

Size: 30 mL (Also available in large size that's double the amount - 60 mL)

pH Level: 7.11

Color: A sort of faded light blue color. This blue is natural, coming from the Guaiazulene. I think the color of this cream is really unique and pretty!

Fragrance: Has a soothing, calming scent, must be from the Guaiazulene which is extract from Chamomile.

Texture: Has a lightweight, creamy gel-like texture that glides onto skin. Doesn't feel oily or greasy on skin.

Absorbency: Absorbs into skin after a few minutes

Packaging: Comes in a dark brown glass tub

Accessories: Gives a plastic spatula

Free From: Ethanol, Silicon, Artificial coloring, and Artificial fragrance

Full Ingredients ListWater, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Centella Asiatica Extract, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Ceramide NP, Polysorbate 60, Candelilla Cera, Chlorphenesin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Morus Alba Root Extract, Tromethamine, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Guaiazulene, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Lecithin, Acetyl Glutamine, sh-Oligopeptide-1, sh-Oligopeptide-2, sh-Polypeptide-1, sh-Polypeptide-9, sh-Polypeptide-11, Bacillus/Soybean/Folic Acid Ferment Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol

How To Use:
As the last step of your skincare routine, apply a small amount where necessary on areas of sensitivity or irritation. Lightly tap the cream into the skin for better absorption.

How I Use It:
I used this as a face cream both morning and night all over my face and neck (although it seems it's suppose to be used as a spot treatment). Once I had finished washing my face and applying my toner, essence, and serum, I dotted my face with this cream. I then lightly massaged and patted the cream into my skin.

Below are images of me using this cream
I have some pimple stickers on, but overall from face view, you can see much change between the BEFORE/AFTER images. The cream is very moisturizing, feels cooling and lightweight when it's applied on.
I wanted to show you have I applied the cream. Please note, I also applied the cream on my neck. Whatever I apply on my face also goes onto my neck!
Between these two BEFORE/AFTER pictures of my cheeks, the acne itself doesn't really look difference, but the slight redness undertone of my skin has decreased or diminished after using the cream.
I hope you can see that the cream is really moisturizing on my skin, however, it's not oily or greasy.
In this comparison photo of my forehead, this is where I can actually see a change in redness. The redness in my problem areas has greatly diminished 


Overall, this is a really nice cream and does help with acne, sensitivity, and redness.

This cream is really lightweight, but still moisturizing when applied. It has a cooling and soothing feeling when on my skin, calming my skin down, decreasing the redness, and just overall relaxing my skin. I love that it's so lightweight and absorbs well into my skin. I don't even feel sticky, oily, or greasy from using this cream.
I think this cream is great for all skin types and can be used year round, whether it be in the hotter summer months or the cold winter months.

Additionally, I love that it doesn't clog my pores or cause me to breakout. This cream really does help soothe and calm the redness on my skin while helping the healing process along.

It seems like it's suppose to be used as a spot treatment, however, I just used it as an all over face and neck cream. I think it's completely fine to do this and it doesn't need to be used exclusively as a spot treatment.

Rate (out of 5 stars): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
This is a really nice cream that I think many people will like. I would recommend it for anyone to use. It's nicely moisturizing while also being skin soothing and calming.


Product Mentioned:
Dear Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream
     Yesstyle: https://shrsl.com/2dtre
     Amazon: https://amzn.to/2AXzm7z
     Wishtrend: https://bit.ly/3fubXJZ
     Sokoglam: https://bit.ly/38VFb1L



FTC: Not sponspored. I bought this product with my own money and this is my honest review. Some links are affiliate.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Dear, Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop

Review: COSRX Centella Blemish Cream

Review: COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner