Review: IUNIK Calendula Complete Cleansing Oil


Hello Everyone!!!

Hope you're all doing well! Weather where I live has been really rainy and dreary this whole week. I've basically been indoors watching movie after movie.

My review this week is over a cleansing oil.

I always use a cleansing oil everyday as my first step cleansing step at night. I'm always on the look out for a new cleansing oil to try. This particular cleansing oil is one that I found on Yesstyle.com. I have been eyeing the brand IUNIK for quite a while and it just so happen that when I bought this cleansing oil there was a sale on products from the brand so I also bought a bunch of toners and serums from IUNIK at the same time.

This all-in-one cleansing oil is enriched with 94% natural oils from 6 different plants to melt down heavy makeup and sunscreen. The lightweight oil also helps to soothe skin and minimize blackheads and pores with calendula extract.
  1. Efficiently remove sunscreen and makeup. Quick and easy all-in-one cleanser
  2. Blackhead, exfoliation, and wastes in pores. Deep cleansing effect.
  3. 6 Natural plant oils. Skin soothing + moisturizing + nutrition boosting.
6 Different Plants:
  • Calendula flowers: calms and strengthens sensitive skin
  • Sunflower seed oil: provides moist and gentle protection against dry skin.
  • Jojoba seed oil: contains vitamin A, vitamin E, and omega-9 fatty acids, which help control pores and balance the skin.
  • Cananga odorata flower oil: relaxes the body and mind and helps control sebum production.
  • Canola oil: gives a fresh and light feel while deeply moisturizing the skin.
  • Queensland nut oil: calms sensitive skin and restores balance to the skin barrier.
VEGAN FRIENDLY. CRUELTY FREE. GLUTEN FREE. FOR ALL SKIN TYPES.

Size: 200 mL / 6.7 oz.

Color: Yellow

Fragrance: This cleansing oil has a HORRIBLE vegetable oil smell with a weird undertone that I can't really describe. Maybe that undertone is the calendula flower or cananga flower oil.

Texture: The texture is watery with a bit of thickness to it, but it runs down my hands and face very easily.

Packaging: Comes in a clear plastic pump bottle.

Key Ingredients: Calendula Flowers and Sunflower Seed Oil.

Free of: Artificial Fragrance, Color Additives, Sulfate, Paraben, Ethanol, Talc, Mineral Oil, Silicone, Benzophenone, and Paraffin.

Full Ingredients ListHelianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, canola oil, calendula officinalis flower extract, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, cananga odorata flower oil, sorbitan sesquioleate

How To Use:
Pump 2-3 times of this cleansing oil onto dry palms. Gently massage over dry face in order of forehead, nose and cheeks. After massaging, don't wipe off with tissue, but rinse off with lukewarm water 2-3 times.

How I Use It:
I used this cleansing oil at night as the first step of my face cleansing routine. I usually use one pump for my face and one pump for my neck. If I have eye makeup on, then I use one pump for each eye as well.
Once I have the cleansing oil on my skin I would gently massage it all over my skin and once I feel like my skin is clean enough I would rinse it off with warm water.

I have a bunch of different types of eye makeup that I would typically use on my hand. Here's a BEFORE shot of the makeup on my hand before I used the cleansing oil.
1. Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara
2. Colourpop Supernova Shadow - LOML
3. Ulta Dual Ended Pencil Eyeliner - Black
4. By Belleme Let's Draw! Smudge Gel Eyeliner - Red Bean Cookie
5. Lorac Front of the Line PRO Liquid Eyeliner
6. Almay Unapologetic Eyeshadow

I used 1 pump of the cleansing oil.
The cleansing oil is watery but a bit of thickness to it and it easily runs down the back of my hand.

LEFT: I have massaged the cleansing oil all over the makeup. You can still clearly all of the makeup except for the pencil eyeliner and Almay eyeshadow which both came off right away.
RIGHT: After rinsing off my hand with water, this is what's left. I didn't dry my hand, so you can still see the water that hasn't been dried off. However, you can see that the liquid eyeliner from LORAC barely budged, it's almost exactly the same as when I first put it on. The gel eyeliner is still quite visible and not completely removed.

I decided to see how many times I needed to use the cleansing oil in order to completely remove all the makeup, this is my second try.
LEFT: I just pumped the cleansing oil onto my hand. You can see it ran down the side of my hand.
RIGHT: This is after rinsing off the cleansing oil after I had rubbed really hard, trying to remove it as much as possible. You can still very clearly see the liquid eyeliner and very faintly see the gel eyeliner.

To continue on with trying to remove the remaining bits of the makeup, I'm trying the cleansing oil for a third time.

After using the cleansing oil 3 times, I'm finally able to fully remove all the makeup from my hand after vigorously rubbing my hand with the cleansing oil. Keep in mind, I would NEVER rub my eyes with the amount of force I was using to remove the makeup from my hands.


Overall, I hated using this cleansing oil and I couldn't wait until I finished using it. I would purposely use extra cleansing oil whenever I was washing my face just so that I could finish using this cleansing oil faster because I really hated it.

As a makeup remover, this cleansing oil is horrible. When I first tested it out with the makeup on my hand, I had to use the cleansing oil 3 times in order to remove most of the makeup, especially the liquid and gel eyeliners which were the hardest to come off. The mascara and liquid eyeliner needed some work being rubbed off before it finally came off. Although, I will admit the pencil eyeliner came off really easily. ~~In short, this cleansing oil is not a good makeup remover.

Also, I really hate the scent of this cleansing oil. It smells just like vegetable oil and it felt nauseating having to smell it while using it to clean my face.

 
Rate (out of 5 stars): ⭐
I hate this cleansing oil and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone to try. It's horrible at removing makeup and it doesn't make my skin feel clean. It's not worth the cost when I've review a bunch of other cleansing oils that either cost the same or less and are far better.


Product Mentioned:
IUNIK Calendula Complete Cleansing Oil
     Amazon: https://amzn.to/2QFQKFC
     Yesstyle: https://shrsl.com/2zg9f
     iHerb: https://iherb.co/WeY1Lt8


FTC: Not sponsored. I bought this product with my own money and this is my own honest review. Some links are affiliate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Dear, Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop

Review: COSRX Centella Blemish Cream

Review: COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner