Review: Hanyul Pure Artemisia Deep Cleansing Oil


Hi Everyone!

Today, I will be reviewing a cleansing oil. I found this cleansing oil on Amazon last year when I needed a new one since my old one was running out. I actually held off from buying this one because it was kind of expensive (in my opinion), over $20 almost $30. However, I was drawn to it because of good reviews and the large quantity amount (200 mL) given.
I was looking for a replacement for one of my favorite cleansing oils by illi (illiyoon) Total Aging Care Cleansing Oil (here's a link for my review), and stumbled upon this one on Amazon.

I've never heard from Hanyul, but it's under the popular Korean beauty brand Aritaum, who's parent coming is the very popular and well-known Korean beauty company, IOPE.

From Aritaum
This refreshing cleansing oil removes makeup quickly and reliably, revitalizing your tired skin with its cleansing and soothing properties. The warm aura of young wormwood helps smooth skin activity and helps to brighten dull and rough skin.

This cleansing oil is suppose to not only remove base and point makeup, but also control blackheads and sebum and remove dead skin cells. It contains hydrophilic wash-off ingredients which makes it easier to clean the skin and wash off with water.

Here's a close-up of the top of the pump of the bottle. I wanted to show you the locking mechanism of this bottle. You'd turn the head to lock and unlock. I usually prefer having those clip locks for pump bottle, but this is sufficient enough.

Size: 200 mL

Color: clear and colorless

Fragrance: Has a strong fragrance, like a floral medicinal herbal smell. Also, reminds me of a strong smell of rosemary.

Texture: It's really liquid-y and runs right off my hands and face.

Packaging: Comes in a nice ombre plastic green bottle

Mechanism: Comes in a pump bottle that can lock by twist the head of the pump

Free From: animal material, mineral oil, synthetic pigment, and surface active agent

Full Ingredients ListC12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Triethylhexanoin, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isopropyl Palmitate, PEG-8 Isostearate, Isostearic Acid, Artemisia Princeps Leaf Water, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Seed Oil, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance

How To Use:
Before cleansing, pump 2 to 3 times with no water applied, take enough contents that the palms don't overflow and rub the whole face like a massage. Rinse with lukewarm water several times and then use cleansing foam.

How I Use It:
I use this cleansing oil at night when I first get into my shower, BEFORE I wet my face. I usually use one pump for my face and one pump for my neck and upper chest area. If I have eye make-up on, then I also do one pump for EACH of my eyes.
I massage the cleansing oil all over my face, allowing the oil to work it's magic to remove as much as possible. When I feel like I'm clean enough, I rinse off with water.

Below, I am testing out how well this cleansing oil removes makeup
BOTH Macqueen products (#3 & #4) are waterproof.
You can see when I pumped the cleansing oil out, it's water watery-liquidy that it runs right off my hand. It doesn't really have a thickness/body to it.
I massaged the cleansing oil around and you can see it took off everything except for the Waterproof Macqueen Liquid Eyeliner. The liquid eyeliner is VERY much still present.
After rinsing off the cleansing oil, you can see everything has been removed except for the Waterproof Macqueen Liquid Eyeliner. It's still very present and black, some has been taken off, but not much.
I decided to try again to see how well the cleansing oil does on a second wash. Again, you can see the cleansing oil is like water and slips right off my hand.
I massaged the cleansing oil around, you can see it's removed more and more of the eyeliner. I definitely rubbed harder, trying to remove as much as possible. However, you can still faintly see the eyeliner line.
After washing off, the eyeliner is now fully removed. However, if you look closely, you can see the area where the eyeliner was is slightly red from me rubbing/scrubbing the area really hard to remove the black liner. This is completely unrealistic because I would never rub this hard in order to remove eyeliner from my eyes.


Overall, it's an okay cleansing oil. It's not my first choice and it's definitely not my favorite.

I find the smell to be strong. It's not unpleasant, but I just don't like strongly fragranced products, especially since I get headaches really easily from strong smells. There's even a slightly after floral smell when you wash off the cleansing oil. The sell sort of lingers for a while, but good news is it's not too strong afterwards.

One thing I don't like about this cleansing oil is how hard I had to scrub in order to remove my liquid eyeliner. I've tried many other cleansing oils that removed a waterproof liquid eyeliner on the first try. However, this cleansing oil needed two tries and on the second try, I had to scrub hard in order to completely remove it. This is completely unrealistic of how I would typically remove my eye make-up.

I do think that my skin looks brighter after I use this cleansing oil which is a definite plus. I also like that it doesn't irritate my skin and doesn't cause any redness.


Rate (out of 5 stars): ⭐⭐⭐
It's an okay cleansing oil, it gets about 80% of the job done. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. It's great for all skin types and doesn't seem to cause me any issues. It's worth a try, but I do think there are other better cleansing oils out there (you can see other cleansing oil reviews that I've done).



Product Mentioned:
Hanyul Pure Artemisia Deep Cleansing Oil
     Amazon: https://amzn.to/2Yal8HU
     Jolse: https://bit.ly/2MzlS41


FTC: Not sponsored. I purchased with product with my own money and this is my honest review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Dear, Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop

Review: COSRX Centella Blemish Cream

Review: COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner