Review: Banila Co Hi Bye Clean Up Mud-To-Foam Cleanser


Hi Everyone!

Today, I will be reviewing a cleanser I found on Yesstyle.com. I bought it about a year ago when I was running out of cleansers and it looked interesting. At the time, it seemed like a relatively new product cause there really wasn't that much information about it. I bought it when there weren't that many reviews at the time, making this more like "taking a plinge" kind of purchase.

Banila Co is really well known for their cleansing balms which I have used many times in the past. However, this is the first time I had ever tried any of their cleansers.

This is a multi-tasking clay mask that transforms into a foaming cleanser with water.
Cools and soothes with clay, rice and red bean extract that acts as a vacuum to congested pores. 

Contains a Clean Balance Complex which consists of: 
🍃Peppermint removes toxins
🍃Beraclay cleanses impurities
🍃Green Tea provides antioxidant protection and firms/lifts
🍃Witch Hazel controls sebum
🍃Porous Powder for sebum control

Effective sebum care with creamy textured mud.
Remove leftover skin impurities with micro bubble.
Refreshing finish after cleansing.

Here's a close-up look of the cleanser. It's creamy, thick, metallic white colored. 

Size: 120 mL

Color: Metallic White

Fragrance: Has a refreshing perfumey smell

Texture: Has a thick, creamy texture, actually feels more like a clay mask than a cleanser.

Packaging: Comes in a light pastel green rubber plastic tube.

Free From: Parabens, Sulfates, and Phthalates

Full Ingredients ListWater, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Lauric Acid, Butylene Glycol, Bentonite, Palmitic Acid, PEG-32, Potassium Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, PEG-100 Stearate, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Myristic Acid, Fragrance, Capric Acid, Arachidic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Sea Silt, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Alcohol, Mica (CI 77019), Montmorillonite

How To Use: After cleansing, take adequate amount and apply to face avoiding eye area. Allow mask to dry for 1 minute and gently massage with lukewarm water to thoroughly rinse into a creamy cleanser.
Do NOT leave mask on for more than 5 minutes.

How I Use It
I used this as my night cleanser when I was in the shower, usually after I have used an oil cleanser. I would wet my face and squeeze out however much I wanted of the cleanser and spread it all over my face. Then, I would gently massage the cleanser all over, creating a thick lather. Once I feel my skin is clean enough, I rinsed off the cleanser with warm water.

Below, I'm showing how well the cleanser is as a face cleanser and as a makeup remover
Here's a Before and After shot of the cleanser cleaning my face in the morning. It washes off everything really well. My face feels clean, but there is a slight tightness to my skin since this cleanser is not moisturizing.
The cleanser never really bubbles or foams up, it just stays in the same form and thickens up into a thicker lather.
 
In the Before and After, you can see my skin looks noticeably cleanser after using the cleanser. My pores look clear, but not minimized which isn't something I expected.
Here's how the cleanser looks after massaging it around, you can see it really doesn't foam up at all.
Here's a Before/After of my other cheek. Again, the cleanser helped clean off all the oils on my skin. My pores look and feel clean.
This photo has an extremely noticeable change from using the cleanser. My skin looks clean and feels great. The oils are gone and my skin looks clear.
Here's a closeup of my nose. Again, my pores look and feel clean.

I was trying to show how the cleanser looks after being massaged around. There's no foam whatsoever, it really just stays in the same creamy mud form.
If you look closely, you can see a teal blue line underneath the lather from the pencil eyeliner.
It cleaned off all the makeup!
 

Overall, this is a good cleaner. It cleans my face well and washes off all my makeup in one try.


As a face wash, it does a good job. The only bad thing is that it's slightly drying, so it causes my skin to have a slight tightness afterwards. I wouldn't recommend this cleanser for people with dry skin, they might feel like it's too drying.
I was disappointment in the form of this cleanser. It's own name says it changes from a mud to a foam, but it never changed to any kind of foam nor did it ever produce any bubbles. It basically stays in the same mud creamy form, maybe it thickens up a bit to make a creamier lather, but there's just no foam or bubble.

One thing I noticed when I use this cleanser is a weird burning/stinging sensation. I don't know if it's just me, but I feel this slightly burning sensation at my eyelashes-eye area and the lining of my lips whenever I use this cleanser. I have no idea why I get this feeling. I never heard of anyone else having this weird sensation. It doesn't cause any swelling or redness, it's just sort of irritating.

As a makeup remover, this cleanser did a good job! It was able to remove everything on the first try and I didn't have to do any excessively hard rubbing. 


Rate (out of 5 stars): ⭐⭐⭐⭐
This is a pretty good cleanser. It cleans my face well and washes off my makeup, but it does cause a slight tightness so anyone with dry skin might not like this cleanser. Also, it has that weird burning/stinging sensation that I can't explain, which is why I took off 1 star.


Product Mentioned:
Banila Co Hi Bye Clean Up Mud-To-Foam Cleanser
     Amazon: https://amzn.to/3kuQ7sO
     Ulta: https://bit.ly/2PB0n4j
     Banila Co: https://bit.ly/3gJooSA


FTC: Not sponsored. I bought this product with my own money and this is my own honest review. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Dear, Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop

Review: COSRX Centella Blemish Cream

Review: COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner