Review: Skinfood Bitter Green Deep Cleansing Gel


Hi Everyone!

Today I'll be reviewing a face cleanser. I received this cleansing gel and a Christmas gift from my sister about a year ago. I think this isn't first cleansing gel that I've ever used from Skinfood. I'm a massive fan of their Black Sugar skincare line and I'm obsessed with their Black Sugar Perfect Scrub Foam (I linked my review of the Scrub Foam) and their Black Sugar Wash-off Mask.

I find this cleansing gel to be very interesting. I like the idea of having real vegetables in my skincare, makes it seem more natural and almost organic.

This is a water-based gel cleanser that dissolves makeup and deep-cleanses skin, leaving it soft and comfortable.

Bitter Green is a hypoallergenic anti-dust and detoxifying cleansing line featuring Bitter Green-5 complex that helps to discharge toxins and impurities that build up in skin from pollution and other environmental elements, replenish it with essential nutrients to keep skin healthy and pure, and create a protective barrier to continue to defend skin from pollution and particulate matter. These foods are packed with vitamins A, C, and K, as well as minerals like calcium, potassium, and magnesium. Their antioxidant effects fight skin damage caused by free-radicals and pollutants in the environment, their anti-inflammatory traits work to alleviate redness, irritation, and stress. 

Bitter Green-5 complex contains: wheat grass, kale, celery, cabbage, and broccoli extract for optimal detoxification.

Here's a close-up of the locking mechanism of the pump bottle. It has one of those snap-on lock clips.

Here's a close-up of the cleansing gel. It's clear colored and has a goopy, gel-like texture.

Size: 200 mL / 6.76 oz.

Color: Clear and Colorless

Fragrance: Has a light citrus-herbal smell. I actually like the smell of this cleanser, it's really refreshing.

Texture: Goopy, gel-like texture, spreads easily.

Packaging: Comes in a plastic, clear green bottle.

Mechanism: Has a pump bottle mechanism.

Accessories: Comes with a plastic snap-on lock clip.

Full Ingredients ListWater, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Sprout Extract, Alcohol, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Brassica Oleracea Capitata (Cabbage) Leaf Extract, Apium Graveolens (Celery) Extract, Brassica Oleracea Acephala Leaf Extract, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Hydroxide, Carbomer, Betaine, Trehalose, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Honey Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Disodium Edta, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Origanum Majorana Leaf Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Alchemilla Vulgaris Extract, Gnaphalium Leontopodium Flower Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract, Juniperus Mexicana Oil, Ceramide Np, Phytosphingosine, Ceramide Ap, Xanthan Gum, Cholesterol, Ceramide Eop

How To Use:
Take appropriate amount, massage and rinse off with warm water.

How I Use It:
Originally, I tried using this cleanser as a morning face wash, however, I hated it and ended up using it as a mediocre hand washing soap. 

Below, I am showing the results of using this cleansing gel as a face wash and makeup remover
Here's a Before/After and During shot of me using the cleansing gel as a face wash. You can see in the During photo, the cleanser didn't even foam up. From afar my skin looks clean because it only cleaned on a surface level NOT deep cleansing.
Here's a close-up of me using the cleansing gel as a face wash on my cheek. Again, the cleanser doesn't foam up, no sort of lather whatsoever. My skin doesn't feel clean at all. It still has that heavy moisturized feeling, like it didn't wash anything off my skin. but the water and cleanser helped clean off the surface level of my face, but underneath I still feel icky.
Here's a close-up of my forehead and nose. Honestly, I don't feel clean at all. I feel like the forehead photo shows the most accurate of what I'm trying to say. It shows how the surface level light layer of oil I produced overnight was washed off, but underneath, my skin still feels moisturized, heavy, and unclean. 
The pores on my nose do not look clean or cleared out. It's like there was no change with my nose after using the cleanser.

I'm testing the cleansing gel as a makeup remover. The photo on the left is the Before. I used 4 different makeup products which I listed in the photo on the right.
I've added the cleansing gel to my hand.
On the Left, I added some water to my hand and gently massaged the cleanser around. You can see it removed the eyeshadow quite well, but I feel like the eyeshadow is just all over the place. It didn't really change much of the liquid or crayon eyeliners, and there's still quite a bit of mascara on my hand.
On the Right, you can see what's left of the makeup is the to different eyeliners. The crayon eyeliner is especially present while the liquid eyeliner is lightly there.
 

Overall, this is a horrible cleansing gel and I would never buy this myself nor would I ever recommend it for anyone to try.

This cleanser does NOT lather or foam up of any kind. It literally just stays as it's clear gel form the whole time I use it, even when water is applied. When washing my face with it, my skin still felt dirty afterwards. Like I mentioned previously, it only cleaned on a surface level, didn't do it's "deep cleansing" job, making my skin still feel dirty and moisturized underneath.

As a makeup remover, I wasn't impressed. While it removed the eyeshadow and mascara, I feel like it was only because they aren't waterproof, so they can off easily with water. The liquid black eyeliner was still lightly present after washing off. What's crazy is, the liquid eyeliner is NOT waterproof, so I expected the cleanser to easily remove the eyeliner, but it doesn't. The crayon teal eyeliner is still very much present after using the cleanser.

In the end, I hated this cleanser so much, but I didn't want it to go to waste, so I used it as a hand soap. Honestly, even as a hand soap it wasn't good. I had to wash my hands twice every time I used this cleanser just to make my hands feel like they were truly clean.


Rate (out of 5 stars): ⭐
I hated his cleansing gel and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone. It didn't make me feel clean and it basically didn't wash anything off. It's not worth wasting your money.


Product Mentioned:
Skinfood Bitter Green Deep Cleansing Gel
     There's really no place that's selling this cleanser. I think maybe Skinfood discontinued it.


FTC: Not sponsored. I received this product as a gift from a family member and this is my own honest review.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Dear, Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop

Review: COSRX Centella Blemish Cream

Review: COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner